Kalí Zoë translates to "good wellness" and "good life" in Greek. We are experts in our field of bringing mindfulness + breath-based movement to youth, and have taught academics and yoga in classrooms in New Orleans, New York, Chicago and Cape Town.
We believe that all young people can benefit from mindfulness yoga techniques. A strong mind + body prepares children empowers children is scientifically proven to help students grow behaviorally, physically and emotionally, all while increasing academic success.
Why Bring Mindfulness and/or Yoga to Schools?
We could go on forever, but below are a few of Kalí Zoë Designs' favorites. Check 'em out!
- Increases strength, flexibility and balance
- Regulates the nervous system by increasing body’s ability to respond to stress (Streeter, MD, 2012)
- Increases the relaxation response (parasympathetic nervous system) and heart rate variability
- Dramatic decreases in violence and aggression. One study saw a 93% decrease in hitting. (Marie, MA, SYT, 2008)
- 93% decrease in aggressive behavior among 4th and 5th grade children when exposed to yoga for 4.5 hours. (Marie, MA, SYT, 2008)
- Reduction in maladaptive behaviors, including irritability, lethargy, social withdrawal, hyperactivity and noncompliance (Koenig, 2012)